Using MDConsult is simplicity itself !
1. When you are searching for the answers for a specific query, you can search all the following books and journals at one time !
- Reference Books allows you to search through nearly 40 renowned medical texts online to give you just the right resources to answer clinical questions.
- Journal Search lets you retrieve the full-text of articles from nearly 50 premier medical journals and Clinics of North America online. You can also search MEDLINE simultaneously to retrieve abstracts.
- Practice Guidelines lets you scan through over 600 peer-reviewed clinical practice guidelines contributed by more than 50 medical societies and government agencies to find what the currently accepted medical practice for any clinical problem is today.
- Patient Education allows you to personalise and customise over 3,000 acclaimed patient education handouts. You can print the handout, complete with your own special instructions, practice name, and contact information.
- Drug Information provides complete prescribing information on over 30,000 medications from the leading independent drug reference source.
2. You can remain uptodate, through the Updates sections.
- Today In Medicine allows you to stay informed about the newest developments in medicine. by reviewing new developments from all the world's major journals, US government agencies, and medical conferences, and provides you with concise clinical summaries and links to related information.
- What Patients Are Reading keeps you informed about what your patients are reading about health and medicine in the US popular press each week , and also provides you with full-text, peer-reviewed material on each topic , to help you answer their questions.
- In This Week's Journals allows you to keep up with all the major weekly journals. The key contents of the big five journals ( BMJ, The Lancet, JAMA, NEJM, Annals of Internal Medicine ) and are presented each week in an easy-to-scan format, including concise article summaries which help you quickly stay abreast.
- Clinical Topic Tours lets you explore current thought and accepted wisdom on consequential topics in medicine. Chart your own path through a focused collection of information from journal articles, books, drug data, practice guidelines, educational materials, to useful web sites. There is a new tour every week !
- Drug Updates keeps you upotdate with recent drug approvals, notices, and other current pharmaceutical information.
3.Test yourself !
When you need to exercise your grey cells or are looking for a challenge to your clinical skills, then do visit the Annex. The Case of the Week will ask you to make a diagnosis after presenting a tricky case history; Diagnostic Picture Challenge will test your visual diagnostic abilities; and Alternative Medicine will educate you about how some of the alternative systems of medicine your patients may be using will tackle common clinical problems.